Jinnifer Jeresek Mariman
Jinnifer Jeresek Mariman
Jinnifer was born and raised in Libby, Montana and attended Montana State University on a women’s basketball scholarship. After graduation, Jinnifer served as a legislative assistant for Senator Max Baucus in Washington, D.C.
Being raised in Libby, Montana and seeing first-hand the impacts of asbestos on her hometown inspired Jinnifer to attend law school. During law school she served as the head law clerk for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Portland, Oregon, prosecuting federal misdemeanors. Upon graduation, Jinnifer began her practice in Bend, Oregon where she represented clients in complex commercial, business, estate, and tribal disputes. In December 2011, Jinnifer returned home to Montana eventually becoming a partner in a firm where she continued to help clients resolve civil disputes involving property, professional negligence, estate, business, and local governments.
In April 2018, Jinnifer joined McGarvey Law as a partner. She gets to fulfill the very reason she became a lawyer: to help the folks in her hometown of Libby, Montana who have been sickened by asbestos exposures.
Jinnifer and her husband, Gabe, enjoy showing their two daughters all that being raised in Northwest Montana has to offer.
Northwestern School of Law
Lewis & Clark College
Juris Doctor, 2006
- Certificate in Environmental and Natural Resources Law
- Cornelius Honor Society
- Lewis & Clark Law Review
Montana State University
B.S., Land Resource Sciences, Minor in Political Science, 2003
- College of Agriculture Outstanding Senior
- Bobcat Hall of Fame – Inductee, 2015
- 2006 – State Bar of Oregon
- 2006 – U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- 2008 – State Bar of Montana
- 2011 – U.S. District Court, District of Montana
- 2016 – U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- CASA for Kids, Inc., Past President
- United Way of Central Oregon, Board of Directors, Former Vice President
- Assistance League, Advisory Board, Former Vice President
- Leadership Bend, Class President, 2010
Professional Activities & Honors
- Flathead County Justice Court, Substitute Judge
- Montana Trial Lawyers Association, Board Member
- Northwest Montana Bar Association, Past President
- Mountain States Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2013-Present
- Oregon Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2010
- Cascade Business News – Women in Business Award, 2010
- Montana State University College of Agriculture – Commencement Speaker, 2008